On behalf of Organizing committee we welcome you to
14th Multinational Congress on Microscopy
September 15-20, 2019 in Belgrade, Serbia.
Extracted from the “Opening lecture” given at the 10th Multinational Congress on Microscopy (Urbino, 4-7 September 2011)
by Giuseppe Arancia,
Department of Technology and Health, Italian National Institute of Health Past President and Honorary Member of the Italian Society of Microscopical Sciences.
"In 1990, some representatives of the Italian, Hungarian, Austrian, Yugoslavian and Czechoslovak Societies for Electron Microscopy began to have contacts in order to evaluate the possibility of organizing jointly a multinational congress on electron microscopy. The inspirer reasons of this idea were, mainly, the substitution of a number of small congresses in neighboring countries with a single multinational meeting with the aim of increasing the scientific level and reducing the organizing costs, and to favor interactions and exchange of information and experiences among researchers operating in different countries."
The aim of MCM conferences is to become a worldwide forum for discussion on different application of various microscopical techniques for both experts and young researchers. MCM conferences have always been a good instrument for establishment of new liaisons between laboratories interested in similar projects. Trade exhibitions also helped to gain insight into the newest development of microscopy.
Instrumentation and Techniques
- IT1 Advances in sample preparation techniques
- IT2 3D imaging, image processing, and phase-related techniques
- IT3 Diffraction techniques and spectroscopy
- IT4 Correlative, and super-resolution microscopy
- IT5 In situ and environmental microscopy
- IT6 Advances in instrumentation and techniques (SEM, TEM, SPM, etc.)
- MS1 Metals, alloys and intermetallics
- MS2 Nanoscale, nanostructured, and carbon based materials
- MS3 Thin films, coatings, surfaces and interfaces
- MS4 Ceramics, composites, minerals and microscopy in cultural heritage
- MS5 Polymers, biomaterials, biosensors, and soft materials
- MS6 Semiconductors, devices, and magnetic materials
- MS7 Materials for energy production, storage, and catalysis
- MS8 Miscellaneous topics in material sciences
- LS1 Live cell imaging, and intracellular dynamics
- LS2 Structure and imaging of biomolecules
- LS3 Microscopic applications in symbiotic interactions, plants, microorganisms, and environmental sciences
- LS4 Neuroscience and histopathology
- LS5 High-resolution microscopy in life sciences
- LS6 Nanomaterials in biology and medicine
- LS7 Multidisciplinary approaches for medical and biological sciences
- LS8 Miscellaneous topics in life sciences